Floreat sodalitas pardorum
Home | President | Committee | Membership | Join | Diary | News | Message Board | Links | Social Networks
Welcome to The Old Skinners' Society website
The Old Skinners' Society was founded in 1890 by the then Old Boys of The Skinners' School, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, which itself was founded in 1887 by The Worshipful Company of Skinners whose Coat of Arms is shown above.
The Society was originally called The Guild of the Leopards because the Leopard is one of the supporters of the Arms of the Skinners' Company and is also the emblem of the Society and former Guild.
The Worshipful Company of Skinners also governs the following schools:-
Tonbridge School, Tonbridge
The Judd School, Tonbridge
The Skinners’ School for Girls, Stamford Hill
The Skinners' Kent Academy, Tunbridge Wells
The Objects of the Society are:-
1. To promote, preserve and strengthen the ties of sentiment which exist between Old Boys and the School and to encourage the closest liaison betwen the Society and the School.
2. To provide opportunities for Old Boys to keep in touch with their former school friends and with the School.
3. To encourage the formation and activities of branches of the Society.
4. To provide and promote financial and/or material assistance to the School.
|Please bookmark this site||
© 2013 Old Skinners' Society